We here at A Little Chic are going to do a giveaway! What are we going to give away, you ask?
Why this beauty of a message board! First of all you need to become a follower of our blog and leave a comment stating so. Next post this giveaway on your blog and leave another comment (with a link to your post). And finally Like our page on Facebook, then leave yet another comment. This contest will close Sunday, February 27th, 2011, at midnight (Mountain Time).
I would like you to meet "Beau," a beauty of a 3-drawer dresser. Can you guess what is different about "Beau" from our other pieces? This one might take some brain power. Beau wasn't always so pretty though. When we got him he had duct tape residue all over.
We used the Barnworn finish kit on this dresser from Caromal Colours. Why do we use Caromal Colours so much? There is almost no prep work before actually beginning to paint. No stripping, sanding, or priming. The only thing you have to do is make sure your project is clean. A-MA-ZING! I tell ya! Back to Beau. . . His first coat was done in Caromal Colours Pumpkin (although some people I know call it Peanutbutter!). After the base coat dried we applied chipping creme (which makes it so the top coat chips off easier). After the chipping creme dried we applied the top coat of Caromal Colours Chocolate. Then we sanded to distress (of course!). And finally toned. It turned out beautiful, just needed some new hardware.
Since we have been doing a lot of pieces, we thought it would be easier to name each one to keep better track of the different looks. So, without further ado, I would like you to meet "Fargo." Here is what "Fargo" looked like when I got him. He had a white primer haphazardly applied over the entire thing, including the handles. The first thing we did was apply the Paprika textured basecoat. This time instead of brushing it smooth, we stippled the Paprika to give a more textured look for when we sanded the top coat. Next we applied the chipping creme. Then we applied the Cobblestone once the chipping creme dried. After the final coat dried we lightly sanded the entire piece. Because we stippled, a lot of the Paprika showed through, which is a really good looking.
Here is the dresser before applying the toner:
Here is a picture with 1 drawer toned, the others untoned:
And here is the final reveal with the hardware attached:
For Sale: $175 Sold! to a lovely lady who is hosting a boy from Japan. His mother asked if he could come stay so nothing happens to him from the nuclear reactor. Awesome lady!!
Here is what the armoire looked like before (we had taken the doors off to paint the inside, but you get the picture :O) The wood was really pretty before, but I didn't love the hardware and I knew we could make it better than pretty!
Next we applied the Peppercorn textured basecoat from Caromal Colours (this is the paint I usually use as the basecoat because when I distress the black really pops coming through). Sorry no pic of just the Peppercorn! We then applied the chipping creme (can you say amazing?!) The chipping creme makes it so the top coat chips off easier. Next we applied Parchment textured basecoat as the top coat. Once this dried we let loose with the sander and made this piece of furniture absolutely beautiful!
Here it is without the doors put back on:
Look at the beautiful Legs!
First Just thought he went a little wild with the sanding, but I love it!
Here she is with her doors on:
And now for the final reveal (drum roll):
Here is "Kennedy" with her hardware!
For Sale: $400
Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Friday @http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/2011/02/furniture-feature-friday-favorites-link.html
This frame used to be a glass door on a cabinet from my mother-in-law. Justin brought it home, painted it Colonial Blue from Caromal Colours, distressed it with a palm sander, and toned it. We have a 50-foot roll of metal from Home Depot that we cut to shape and VOILA! The magnet board was born!
If you will remember this post, what the cabinet looked like before. Here is the new made over cabinet. I applied the mustard Caromal Colours textured basecoat directly over the white paint, without sanding! (I know!). After the basecoat dried I applied toner to the entire dresser, but did not like how the whole piece turned out with the toner. It was too brown and I really wanted the muted yellow color. So I applied another layer of mustard basecoat, sanded to distress, then applied a Poly Wipe-On to seal it. I love how it turned out now!