Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Vintage Mantle

Our house was built in 2004.  Our kitchen cupboards are knotty alder as is our mantle.  I have developed a love affair with chippy, shabby white and I wanted my fireplace, the focus of my family room, to reflect my new love.  Here is what it looked like before:

It was very pretty, very earthy.


I painted the stone with Behr Ultra
Ultra White, and boy did it take
a long time!


Then I used Caromal Colours textured
basecoat in Peppercorn.  Because this is
simply the color I want showing through
when I sand, it was not crucial to
cover the entire mantle.


And, believe it or not, I don't have the final pic
on my camera and I need to wait until tomorrow
for better lighting to take a pic.

I know for some, painting beautiful wood like this is
a cardinal sin, but I wanted this fireplace
to reflect my style at this moment (which, of course,
will change again, and again, and again).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs