Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rusty with Chippy Paint

I would like to introduce you to "Dusty," er, I mean "Rusty."

This is a cute little table that we are re-doing for a client, Bonnie.  She has a lot of furniture and not a lot of time to finish everything, so sent me home with some to put my own spin on it.  I really think Rusty has grown into a fine young thing!

I wanted to do something different than the other pieces we have done.  I wanted it to look like layers of paint were chipping off and wearing away with time because it is so old.  We used Caromal Colours Colonial Blue and Bayberry textured basecoats.  Only this time we applied both colors at the same time, didn't use chipping creme, but absolutely love how it turned out.

Here is what it looked like in the process.  I got a little scared for a minute! Just you wait until the final reveal, though.  It gets so much better!
And 1, and 2, and 3, and 4:

The lighting is so much better outside.

Rusty really knows how to work it, don't ya think?

Rusty will be graduating and moving out of my house in a few days.  He can then be found @ 7601 S. State, Midvale.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs