Sunday, March 13, 2011

What's a Gal to Do?

For a while it seemed like every piece of furniture we called on had "just been sold."  Now my garage is overflowing with projects to do and my Partner in Crime has to go to Hawaii to "work."  Ya right.  Who really uses that excuse and thinks people are going to buy it? 



The above pic is what most people think of when they hear the word "Hawaii," but the below pic is what I think of when I hear the word:


I know it's ridiculous!  I have never before been attacked by a shark.  I am going to blame this one on the movie "Jaws."  Think about it, jaws came to the theaters in 1975.  I probably saw it when I was about 9 and it came out on video.  A giant shark sneaks out of the depths of the ocean and pulls people under water and you suddenly see a red bloody pool where that person used to be.  What a horror movie!  I was very afraid to swim in local lakes because I had no idea what was lurking beneath.  I even had this irrational fear about my cousin's swimming pool.  I am not kidding you when I say how scared I would be to fly to Hawaii because you have to be over the ocean for so long, and, God forbid, something goes wrong with the plane and it goes down in the ocean.  Any rational person would think that they would be dead when the plane hit the ocean, but no, not me!  I keep thinking that with my luck I would be the only person to survive the impact and sharks would swarm me and eat me alive!  There you have it!  My biggest "irrational" fear!  I might need to go to therapy one day for this, but for now I will just not fly over oceans (there goes that trip to Europe that I dream about)!

Seriously, though, we picked up some great pieces that we will need to get around to finishing.  My garage is literally full and that is fabulous!

Here are just a few of the great pieces we have:

Courtesy of my wonderful Mom!


Dresser courtesy of my Mom again!
7-UP crate from a yard sale (it is awesome)!

Courtesy, once again, of Momma!

Awesome estate sale I went to with my Sisters-in-laws!

Cute end table.

This cute piece is so teensy!  I think it is made for
Cute Little Grandma's with little
teeny houses and short couches!
Wish me luck in my endeavors!

If any of you see a particular piece you like and would like
to order your own colors, shoot me an email.

Remember, Caromal Colours puts out an amazing paint!
If you would like to order some for yourself click on the button on the
top right of my blog. 
When checking out use discount code "BrendaUtah" (case sensitive) to save
some money on shipping.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs